One of the best substances to use on your skin is carrot oil. It is safe and natural and has no side effects. It is very rich in essential nutrients that the skin needs for proper growth and beauty. How exactly can you use carrot oil on your skin?
Carrot oil is dense in natural vitamin A, E, and beta-carotene. These nutrients help nourish your skin, improves your complexion and makes it smooth.
Carrot oil is the best skin lightener and a very effective sunblock. It heals a lot of skin problems, it fights and clears the signs of aging and it gives your skin a younger look. See also: How to Make Carrot Oil at Home and Health Benefits.
How Carrot Oil Benefits the Skin
Carrot oil is one of the best treatments for aged and dry skin, it corrects and improves the functions of your sebaceous and sweat glands.
It aids cell renewal and makes your skin supple. Carrot oil can lighten your complexion and this effect is magnified if carrot oil is used together with wheat germ oil and lavender oil.
If you want to boost the sun-blocking properties of carrot oil, mix it with sesame oil or walnut oil. People with oily skin are advised to avoid carrot oil because it boosts the production of sebum which can make your skin so oily.
Carrot oil lightens spots and heals scars and it effectively treats skin diseases like boils, eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo, abscesses, itching, weeping sores that have refused to heal for a long time. See also: 10 Benefits of Drinking Carrot Juice on an Empty Stomach.
Carrot oil gives your skin a nice scent and it aids relaxation and relieves stress. It fights skin cancers and other cancers and it cleanses your skin and removes impurities.
How to Apply Carrot Oil on your Face and Skin
- You can apply carrot directly on damaged skin, aged skin, and dry skin
- Carrot oil can be added to your body creams, lotions, cleanser and even shampoo for your hair.
- You try using the oil on your face and neck at night to serve as a moisturizer
- Add few drops of carrot oil into your face and body scrub
- You can use carrot oil as a carrier oil to dilute your essential oil before applying it directly on your skin.
- You can make a facial anti-aging serum by add six drops of carrot oil to 2 tablespoons of macadamia oil, but you can use jojoba oil in case you don’t have macadamia oil. Mix this oils very well and add 4 drops of clary sage essential oil. When going to bed at night, shower, drink a full glass of water and apply this mixture on your skin right before going to bed.
- To prepare an effective massage oil for your face and body, mix equal drops of carrot oil and jojoba oil together and use this oil blend to massage your body. this is very relaxing and it will help relieve stress.
Pregnant women should avoid carrot oil and other types of essential oil should be avoided during pregnancy except stated otherwise by a medical doctor or a naturopath.
If a pregnant woman must use carrot oil, it must be after the first trimester of pregnancy. It is not also available to take in large doses of carrot oil internally at a time.
Those on liver medications should talk to their doctor or naturopath before taking or making use of carrot oil. Carrot oil should be kept away from the reach of little children and they shouldn’t be allowed to play with it.
Don’t over ingest carrot oil because it can induce nausea and vomiting. Those suffering from epilepsy or asthma should consult with their doctor first before using carrot oil.