Homemade juices are often the best because you know what is going into your body; they are no sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, taste enhancers, coloring, and other food additives that are dangerous to the body. You can as well make your healthy carrot juice at home.
You can also take the juice whole and not sieve any part away or throw away the useful fiber in the carrots. The enzymes are preserved and taken immediately instead of being killed through pasteurization.
The nutrients are also well-preserved and you control what is going into your body. You can use a blender if you don’t have a juicer. The following steps show how to make healthy carrot juice using a blender.
How to Make Healthy Carrot Juice at Home Using a Blender
- Peel and wash your carrots under cold running water and then you chop them.
- Pour the chopped carrots into a blender and add clean water to the level halfway the carrots. This helps the blending to go smooth and help things move easily in the blender.
- Blend on medium speed until it is smooth.
- Sieve the juice by placing a sieve on a bowl and pour the liquid on the sieve, squeeze the liquid out of the sieve to get the juice out of it.
- Do not discard the pulp; pour the pulp in a container and save it in a refrigerator. You can use it in other recipes or even add little of it to your juice before taking.
- The clear orange color liquid left in the bowl is your carrot juice, you can take it on an empty stomach in the morning or at night before going to bed.
How to Make Healthy Carrot Juice at Home Using a Juicer
- Peel and wash your carrots under cold running water.
- If you have a strong juicer, you can choose not to chop the carrots but if you juicer is nit strong, chop the carrots into medium sizes.
- Put a tall glass or bowl under the juice spout. Just make sure that the container you are placing under the juice spout is large enough to contain the quantity of juice you are making.
- Put you carrots or carrot chunks into the juicer and push them down through the chine using the juicer attachment.
- Once you get your juice serve immediately or take it immediately to prevent oxidation and loss of nutrients. You can take the juice either iced or at room temperature.
- If you choose to store the juice, do not refrigerate it for more than 24 hours.
You should have it at the back of your mind that too much carrot juice will increase the amount of sugar in your bloodstream, this is because the other component of the vegetable have been sieved out and majority of what you have left is glucose.
This is why I prefer smoothies to fruit juices, because in smoothies, the whole part of the plant is being used and nothing is left out or thrown away.
Smoothies contain complex sugar and not simple sugars like fruit juices that is readily available for the body. It is recommended to peel carrots skin because you don’t know if pesticides were used on them.
You can make your carrot juice safer by adding fat, proteins and even the sieved particles back into the carrot juice or you don’t even sieve it at all.
I don’t advice that you make the juice in a large quantity because it is better to take it fresh; but in case you don’t have time, you can make it in a large quantity and store the rest in the refrigerator. However, it should not be stored for more than one day.