Cucumber juice is one of the most healthy and versatile drink; it has a high content of essential nutrients that the body needs like magnesium, folate, sulfur, electrolytes, copper, vitamin C, fiber, chlorophyll, potassium, and vitamin A and many others like phenolic compounds that are beneficial to the body.
Cucumber juice is both taken for health and beauty purposes; it improves your overall health and improves the quality of body parts like hair, skin, nails, and eyes.
It also dissolves kidney and brings down high blood pressure; it helps control bleeding disorder, it increases the mineral density of your bones, it boosts the functions of your nervous system, it fights cancer, it prevents hormonal problems, it hydrates you, boosts metabolism, and keep your eye healthy. See also: 12 Amazing Health Benefits of Cucumbers for Beauty.
Cucumber juice can be taken alone or mixed with other fruit or vegetable juices.
How to Make Unsweetened Cucumber Juice
You will need organic cucumbers, the quantity of juice you will get depends on the number of cucumbers you use. 3 medium-sized cucumbers can give you about two glasses of cucumber juice.
- Wash your cucumbers very well under running water. I don’t usually peel the skin of my cucumbers because they contain sulfur which is very important for many biochemical activities in the body and it also boosts the healthy growth of hair.
- Many people prefer peeling the skin because they believe it changes the taste and texture of the juice because of the protective wax the skin contains.
- If you choose to peel the skin, you can use a sharp knife or a potato peeler. Cut off the bottom and top of the stem because they are hard and inedible.
- Chop your cucumbers into large pieces although there wouldn’t be a problem if you cut it into tiny pieces.
- Pour the chunks of cucumber into a juicer, food processor, or blender; do not fill the machine to the brim, there should be space between the top of the cucumbers and the cover of the machine.
- Run the machine for at least two minutes; the mixture doesn’t have to be smooth, it should be pulpy.
- Place a sieve or mesh strainer over a bowl. You can place cheesecloth inside the strainer so that you can strain out more pulp.
- You can use coffee filters if you don’t have cheesecloth, it has the same effect.
- Pour the juice into the strainer carefully making sure it does not pour or overflow.
- You can use a metal spoon or spatula to press the mesh or cheesecloth so that more juice can come out. Continue stirring and pressing until all the juice is out.
- Pour the juice into a glass and serve or take it immediately or use it for other things.
SEE ALSO: How to Make Healthy Carrot Juice at Home
Uses of Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is taken to detoxify the body. It improves your overall health, it protects your vision, fights cancer, it balances the levels of hormones, it fortifies your immune and nervous system and many other important benefits it has on the body.
It treats bleeding disorder and bone problems.
Treat Skin Problems
Cucumber juice is used in treating skin and face problem. It is often used as a facial scrub or face mask. It fights blemishes and brightens your complexion.
You can apply fresh and pure cucumber juice on your skin, this serves as a refreshing face wash. It cleanses your skin pores, it hydrates your skin and gives it a natural and healthy glow.
Cucumber slices can also be placed on your eyes to relieve eye bag and dark circle around the eyes. It also brightens your cornea and relaxes the tiny blood vessels around your eyes.
Dip a cotton ball in cucumber juice and use it to clean your face, you can also mix cucumber and honey and apply this mixture on your face, leave it for 15 minutes and then you wash it off.
Treats Hair Problem
Sulfur is good for your hair and cucumber is one of the best natural sources of sulfur. It also contains high levels of important nutrients for the hair like vitamin K, copper, and vitamin C.
Due to these properties, cucumber is one of the best natural remedies for hair problems and it boosts a healthy growth of hair and it gives it a natural shine.
It also treats scalp problems like itchy scalp, irritations, and dandruff. It fights inflammation and boosts the transport of nutrients to your hair follicles.
This, in turn, will boost the strength of your hair thereby fighting breakages, and it will also make your hair shine. See also: 10 Benefits of Drinking Carrot Juice at Night.
Cucumber juice fights halitosis, also known as bad breath or mouth odor. Cucumber juice is an effective mouthwash, it has antibacterial properties that kill the bacteria causing this unpleasant condition.
Pour the juice in your mouth and swish it for some minutes and then you spit it out. Pour another fresh juice in your mouth and repeat the process, you can do this three times daily or after meals.